Senior Hospice Care in Phoenix, AZ
If you or someone you love is facing a life-limiting illness, finding Phoenix hospice care can feel like an overwhelming challenge. However, the right hospice care service can make a world of difference in ensuring the best possible quality of life going forward.
When an individual transitions into hospice services, the care team shifts their focus from curative treatment to end-of-life care. Ultimately, the goal is for patients to have dignity, comfort, and care in their remaining days.
Whether you’re searching for full-time, inpatient care in a hospice facility, home care options, or respite care in the Valley, Above & Beyond Senior Placement Services is here to help. Together, we can support you in your journey to making the best possible decisions for you, your family, and your loved one so that you can make the most of the time you have together.
Looking for Hospice Care in Phoenix, AZ?
With dozens of options for hospice care, Phoenix, AZ, provides plenty of choice and flexibility. Our senior care consultants can help you sort through varying hospice services and facilities, including Valley-wide organizations such as Hospice of the Valley, faith-based hospice providers, and others.
For more than 25 years, Above & Beyond Senior Placement Service has been working closely with the state’s leading care providers and senior living facilities. As a result, we have extensive expertise in the available options in Phoenix and the surrounding area, making us well-equipped to help you. Our senior living referral service in Arizona is 100% free, ensuring that quality care is accessible for all seniors and their families.
Learn More About Hospice Care in Phoenix, AZ
Hospice care often referred to as end-of-life care, is a specific kind of care designed to maximize the quality of life for individuals experiencing a life-limiting illness. For those with advanced and incurable diseases, this form of care prioritizes comfort and contentment above all. A diverse team of medical and care professionals work together to mitigate symptoms, but rather than trying to cure the condition, the goal is to minimize discomfort.
Generally, Phoenix hospice care services and homes are extremely family-centered, including both the patient and their loved ones in decision-making processes. Patients can be surrounded by the family members during their last days, maintaining their dignity and quality of life as long as possible.
Depending on your needs, you may select one of the following types of hospice care:
- In-home hospice: In-home hospice services in Phoenix range from basic care on a periodic basis to continuous, round-the-clock nursing care.
- In-patient hospice care: In-patient hospice services can be facilitated at a hospital or a long-term care facility and is typically the right fit for an individual with severe symptoms.
- Respite care: If you are the primary caregiver for a loved one with a life-limiting condition, the physical and emotional weight can quickly take a toll. Respite care allows you to get short-term relief, whether just for an afternoon, a few days, or even several weeks.
Common Services Provided By Hospice
All hospice providers in Phoenix are required to offer a certain set of services, but individual philosophies, approaches, and available support services differ. Your Above & Beyond senior care consultant is here to walk you through the different choices available to you or your loved one so that you can make an informed choice.
Some of the common features of hospice care services include:
- Symptom control and palliative care: Also referred to as comfort care, supportive care, or symptom management, palliative care is typically one of the foundational elements of hospice. It’s used to prioritize patient comfort by preventing or reducing symptoms and side effects as effectively as possible. A palliative care team considers physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual challenges in order to deliver individualized support as needed.
- Spiritual care: Often, the spiritual care experience is largely shaped by the specific hospice provider you select. For example, your family may opt for a provider that aligns with your specific religious faith. Like most aspects of hospice, spiritual care is highly personalized and may help the patient plan bereavement services, consider how to say goodbye to loved ones, or overcome a fear of passing.
- Family meetings: Social workers and/or hospice nurses will also lead regularly scheduled meetings with family members so that everyone is up to date on the latest care information. In addition to discussing the medical components of care, family meetings can be a wonderful opportunity to relieve stress, grieve together, and receive support.
- Care coordination: Your hospice team will be fully responsible for the coordination and supervision of all care, 24 hours a day. A detailed care plan will be established, and staff is always available to address your concerns or new issues.
- Bereavement care: After the passing of your loved one, a hospice care team may be available to help you navigate your friend. The team can include chaplains, volunteers, and/or trained counselors.
Cost of Hospice Care in Phoenix, AZ
All too often, our senior care consultants work with family members that hesitate to ask a very important question: how much does hospice care cost in Phoenix?
We feel that it is incredibly important for patients and their families to understand that having a budget for senior care does not mean that you value your loved one any less. Our team completely understands the need to consider expenses when searching for hospice providers, which is why we will work diligently to locate options that are affordable for you.
The average cost of hospice in Phoenix is about $4,590 per month, with a wide range of $3,300 to $6,000. You may be eligible to receive financial assistance for hospice care, depending on several factors. Many private insurers cover hospice care, as do Medicare, Medicaid, and the Veteran’s Health Administration. If you or a loved one does not have coverage, our consultants will help you seek the support you need to move forward.
Why Trust Above & Beyond to Find the Right Hospice Care?
Making the decision to transition to hospice care for yourself or a loved one is typically a very painful and difficult process. At Above & Beyond Senior Placement Service, our experienced and compassionate team can help relieve the burden of arranging care and allow you to focus on spending as much time as possible with your family.
Our free Phoenix senior care placement services have been a preferred choice for Valley families for more than a quarter-century, and we take great pride in being a valued member of the Phoenix community. Each of our senior care consultants is dedicated to providing the ultimate in expertise, compassion, and support, regardless of what stage of locating care you are in.
Above & Beyond firmly believes that every individual deserves to have dignity, comfort, and exceptional care in their final days. Let us help you find the very best hospice provider and care options for your unique needs.
Get the Best Hospice Care For Your Loved One Near Phoenix, AZ
Above & Beyond Senior Care Placement Service will guide you through the process of locating high-quality hospice care that fits your location’s needs, preferences, and even your budget. With a broad range of options for senior care in Phoenix and the surrounding areas, we are confident that we can help you make a choice you feel good about.
For more information about how to find and set up hospice care in Phoenix, contact Above & Beyond today.
Featured Image / By Alexander Raths
Making tough decisions is never easy. We are here to help.
Our services are 100% free to you and your family